The Tufts Transformative Leadership Community Presents:
Gain new insights into the Medical Device ecosystem, trends, and commercialization opportunities.
Medical devices have transformed modern healthcare and become a source of hope for people across the world. Yet, rapid innovations in the field, including combination products and devices that incorporate new technologies and sophisticated software, have added complexity to the process of bringing a med device to market.
In this short course, you’ll learn about the medical device product lifecycle, how to operate within a highly regulated industry and emerging trends that are propelling the industry to deliver revolutionary health benefits to patients. You’ll gain exposure to how regulatory bodies shape med device development. You’ll analyze the practices successful med device companies leverage and gain perspective on the accelerating integration of devices, pharma, wellness, data, and AI into med-tech platforms.
Tufts Transformative Leadership Community
This workshop is part of the Tufts Transformative Leadership Community, a go-to resource for learning, advice and thought-provoking experiences that empowers your growth.
- Framework models for modern product development, lifecycle, regulatory and compliance processes for medical devices
- Strategies to manage and leverage the regulatory process to efficiently and safely deliver products to market
- Knowledge of best practices in compliance and safety
- Insights into opportunities driven by industry trends and the increasing convergence of wellness and combination devices, and adjacent markets
- Understanding the complex business ecosystem required to develop, manufacture, distribute and sell medical devices in the rapidly changing worldwide health markets
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for professionals who currently work in or are seeking to enter the medical device industry as well as those within the complex ecosystem that supplies, develops and commercializes med devices. It is ideally suited for those who want to:
- Build a more comprehensive knowledge of the entire process of med device development
- Increase their understanding of the business, operating and financial models of med device companies to pivot into product management or strategy roles
- Help startup companies understand what it takes to bring a med device to market
- Develop the working knowledge needed to navigate the industry’s regulatory landscape
Gain Knowledge to Navigate the Med Device Development & Regulatory Landscape
This short course provides you with the essential knowledge to make an impact in the medical device industry. Throughout the course, you will have an opportunity to take in knowledge, build your repertoire of skills, & connect with others.
Nov. 5, 12, & 19, 2021 • 9 AM - 1 PM EST
Virtual • Synchronous
$1,200 • Special Offers Avaialble
Session 1: Medical Device Overview
- What is a medical device and what’s not a medical device?
- Understanding the changing medical device market: Who are the customers? How do you segment your market?
- Breaking down the med device eco-system: supply chain, R&D, regulatory, commercial
- Exploring the med device product dev, launch, support process
Session 2: Business, Operating, and Financial Models
- Product and market impact on business model
- Operating models: launch strategies and end-to-end supply chain
- Leveraging partnerships and predicate devices. Purchase for resale.
- Financial models: Forecasting demand, GP models, COGS models, risk analysis
Session 3: Industry Insights & Mega Trends
- Technological trends: custom products and 3D printing, software as a medical device, combo devices
- Regulatory and Industry Landscape: GDPR, EU MDR and Clinical Evidence
- Digitization and things to watch in industry
Learn from Industry Leaders
Take the next step and enroll today.
Contact: Nancy Buczko
Director, TGI Professional Programs
Medical Device Industry: Business Strategies and Emerging Trends
Nov. 5, 12, & 19 2021 • 9 AM - 1 PM EST
Discount: Tufts University Alumni and Corporate Partners receive 20% off the short course fee.
Registration Deadline: Nov. 3, 2021
*Plus $25 registration fee accessed by Tufts University College
About Tufts Gordon Institute
Tufts Gordon Institute is dedicated to creating a worldwide community of transformative leaders with heart. Leaders who are savvy in both business and technology, deeply in tune with society, and motivated to drive high-impact change that will make the world a better place.
From workshops and short courses to graduate degree programs, Tufts Gordon Institute provides relevant knowledge when you need it throughout the arc of your professional career. With a focus on practical learning, taught by faculty with deep industry experience, you’ll be empowered to influence the future technology driven organizations and lead with self-awareness, equity, and confidence.